Manager of AMI & IT
This position is responsible for oversight and management of the AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) & IT (Information Technology) department including all operational, planning, and communications services required for the operation of the Cooperative. This individual will design, plan, direct, and maintain AMI & IT related activities and equipment and will work with the key management staff to identify, develop, implement and support technology solutions for Bluestem Electric Cooperative (the Cooperative).
- Participates as a member of the Cooperative’s management team in the development of operating practices and policies, strategic objectives, long-range forecasting and financial planning.
- Develops, maintains and tests all disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity in the event of a major technology failure.
- Develops and implements AMI & IT policies and standard operating procedures including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provisions.
- Leads and develops AMI & IT personnel to meet the business needs of the Cooperative.
- Manages the financial aspects of the AMI & IT department including budgeting and purchasing.
- Works with department heads and the General Manager to define business and systems requirements for new and proposed technology upgrades.
- Develops monthly board reports and makes board level presentations as needed.
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all AMI & IT systems including, but not limited to, servers, PC’s, operating systems, hardware, software, data and voice communications systems, security monitoring systems, and load management systems and equipment.
- Researches and enforces best practices for network security and cybersecurity that meet all security standards.
- Manages interfaces for all software applications used by the Cooperative.
- Negotiates with technology vendors and oversees any contracted or outsourced audits or work being performed on behalf of the Cooperative.
- Ensures compliance with all software licensing requirements.
- Works with all department heads to ensure their technology needs are being met.
- Ensures employee technical support service needs are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures Cooperative telephone systems are functioning at peak performance.
- Manages the cell phone programs for Cooperative personnel.
- Manages all mobile data devices.
- Oversees mobile data management including office to field information transfer and mobile device updates.
- Attends national, regional, and state meetings as an official representative of the Cooperative.
- Maintains any continuing education requirements as required, and undertakes any continuing education as directed and/or approved by the General Manager.
- Meets all the safety requirements of the Cooperative.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. CDL Class “A” preferred.
- Performs all other duties as required or directed by the General Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years of technical experience in AMI & IT projects and enterprise applications.
- Previous electric utility experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess knowledge of a broad range of AMI and computing technologies utilized in an electric utility organization and be proficient in applying technology solutions.
- Must have a strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Proven experience in AMI & IT infrastructure planning, development, maintenance, and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Must have the ability to manage, lead and coach employees effectively.
- Must have the ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and be organized to meet deadlines and to work under critical timelines and pressures.
- Must be a team player.
- Must possess good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Should always maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to lift up to seventy-five pounds (75#) as needed.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand continuously while working for multiple hours at a time.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in an IT related field such as Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Network Administration is preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should email their cover letter and/or resume to: "email@example.com".
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Bluestem Electric Cooperative is an "equal opportunity employer". All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.