1. Membership: In order to be a member of Bluestem Electric Cooperative, Inc., a $25 membership fee is charged per consumer. This fee is refundable when the consumer moves off of the Bluestem line.
2. Name Change: A $10 name change fee is required to transfer an existing service into your name.
3. Reconnect Fee: If a disconnected service is being reconnected back into the same name within 12 months there is a $100 reconnect fee.
4. Security Deposit: Bluestem uses ON LINE Utility Exchange to see if a deposit is required for a new consumer. If a deposit is required, it is a 2 month average of the service with a $300 minimum. Our billing department will determine the amount of the necessary deposit. This deposit will be returned to you along with interest when you have paid the last twelve (12) undisputed bills on time.
Or Contract of Guarantee: A current Bluestem Member who has demonstrated reliability and worth can guarantee payment on your account in case of default. This also must be arranged prior to service connection. Click here for printable Contract of Guaranty
5. Service Agreement: Click here for a printable Service Agreement. All adults living in the household must complete and sign all lines marked in red.
6. Photo Identification is required (i.e. Copy of Drivers License).
7. Verify the meter serial number at your new service location
Form and payment can be mailed or dropped off at one of the following locations:PO Box 513 PO Box 5 524 Dexter St 614 East Hwy 24 Clay Center, KS 67432 Wamego KS 66547
We accept VISA, MasterCard & Discover